Exploring Instinctual Subtypes
Wednesdays, Apr 3-May 8, 2024
Formerly Instincts & Subtypes - Learn how the three instinctual drives influence your daily experiences, show up in your relationships, and illuminate important variations among people of the same personality type.
This event has prerequisites.
- In Exploring Instinctual Subtypes, you’ll deepen your understanding of the Enneagram's three instinctual drives and 27 subtypes as a vital part of returning to your essential self. The three instincts are:
- – Self-preservation guides our relationships with home, food, security, family, and warmth in relationships
- – One-to-one (sometimes called sexual) fuels our personal vitality, sexuality, intimate relationships, and our experience of spiritual union
- – Social forms our friendships, our participation in groups and community, and our social identity
- While all three drives are present in everyone, one tends to be more central in our daily lives and relationships. This primary instinct determines our Enneagram subtype, which may impact our daily experiences even more than our type. By becoming more awake to your own subtype, you can improve your communication, reduce conflict, and build new bridges with your loved ones.
- Exploring Instinctual Subtypes is one of our four Foundational Courses and a pre-requisite to join our Professional Certification Program.
- Students will:
- – Understand healthy functioning in all three of the subtypes related to your type and explore which instinct may be primary in your life
- – Learn how to manage the emotional habit of your type while balancing work, home, relationships, and intimacy
- – Connect with others in small groups based on both type and primary instinct
- – Share your experience on a panel focused on how your subtype operates in your life and choices as a way to highlight differences among those of the same type
- Course includes:
- – 20+ hours of live teachings, practices, panels, and group work
- – 28-page PDF workbook
- – Interactive Enneagram community
- Experiencing the Narrative Enneagram (formerly Enneagram Intensive Part 1).
- Schedule & location
- Live online: 6 Wednesdays, Apr 3 – May 8, 3 – 6:30 PM Pacific (check your local time)
- Attendance: If you have a scheduling conflict please contact the registrar. If you need to miss more than 2 hours, you will need to sign up for another training.
- Standard registration: $650
- Early bird registration: $590 (valid through Feb 21, 2024)
- Things to know
- Scholarships may be available. Learn about scholarships and contact the registrar with questions.
- We do not currently offer ICF CCE credits for this course.
- Technical requirements: You will need a computer with internet access; headphones are optional but may be necessary.
All online events will take place on Zoom.
|Early Bird Standard Registration||$590|
If you have any questions about this or other events, please contact email@example.com.
Click the link below to register via the MyTNE portal. By registering for any event, you agree to The Narrative Enneagram’s Cancellation Policy.
If you are requesting a payment plan, please fill out the Payment Plan Request Form instead, which will also gather your registration information.
If you experience any difficulties with your registration, please complete this form. We will be in touch soon to help you complete your registration.