The Universal Growth Process: The 5 A’s
Changing personal patterns takes practice. In our Narrative Enneagram Curriculum, we teach the 5 A’s of the Universal Growth Process. In this video, TNE Co-Founder David Daniels describes the simple, 5-step model for change:
- Awareness of our own habitual patterns
- Acceptance of whatever arises in the moment
- Appreciation for self and other
- Action, also known as “conscious conduct,” to apply what you learn in your daily life
- Adherence to an ongoing practice
Your awareness can flourish through regular practice, self inquiry and self compassion. Check in with yourself regularly to reflect the aspects of your type pattern that you are bringing into awareness, and how your perspective evolves with time.