We began 2020 planning to build on the growing interest in our programs with a full slate of in-person trainings. Then, when the pandemic exploded into our lives, we had to cancel our entire schedule. We considered briefly whether to close shop until a return to normalcy.
But then we remembered the call of our mission to transform lives and create a more compassionate world. Our community wanted our programs – to manage stress, find peace in the midst of a pandemic and political unrest, and support frayed family systems.
In 2020, thanks to the support of our community, we saw an explosion of interest in The Narrative Enneagram:
- We took our classes online in two months, something we originally planned to happen over three years.
The response was amazing – classes filling 2+ months in advance.
- In addition to our core and professional track programs, our faculty and guest teachers offered a wide range of programs on social change, relationships, embodied Enneagram, mindfulness and more.
- Our Membership surged 70% to over 550 strong. Hundreds of people flocked to online monthly member gatherings, a free benefit for members, offered by our esteemed faculty member, Terry Saracino. These hours together were a calm harbor in the storm for many. We are thrilled Terry plans to continue these monthly member gatherings in 2021.
- We awarded over $50,000 in scholarships to more students than ever, with more persons of color than ever before.
- We committed significant resources toward a comprehensive diversity and inclusion initiative.
- We advised and supported our 6 International Licensees and added a new licensee in Italy.
- We experienced robust participation in our two certification tracks.
- We honored the retirement and incredible legacy of our beloved co-founder, Helen Palmer.
- We welcomed a new core faculty member, Christopher T. Copeland.
People want our programming more than ever. Our biggest challenge is the capacity to meet that need. To better serve our Learning Communities, Certified Teachers and Practitioners, and engage a much larger and diverse audience in our programs, we invite you to donate towards our $25,000 goal to aid in three key areas of capacity:
- Expand our faculty and teaching capacity to meet growing demand for more programming.
- Expand our capacity to provide scholarships to a diverse range of students.
- Upgrade our outdated website and technology platforms to improve your TNE online experience.
Can we count on your help this year? You can make a tax-deductible gift here. Your investment in the Narrative Enneagram will create a positive and lasting impact towards transforming lives and creating a more compassionate world.
Ed Self, Executive Director
Joyce Plaza, Board President
Leave a reply