Join Jack Killen and Renee Rosario as they explore a framework, which is grounded in both contemporary science and the Narrative Tradition, for understanding the Enneagram’s nine personality patterns.
This event has prerequisites.
- This is a professional development course for Certified Narrative Enneagram Teachers and Practitioners.
- Patterns of Developmental Pathways (PDP): Scientific Perspectives on Personality Patterns and Transformational Work with the Enneagram.
- The PDP Group is a nearly 20-year collaboration involving David Daniels, Daniel Siegel, Denise Daniels, Laura Baker, and Jack. In their view, the nine personality patterns ultimately emerge from a repertoire of essential adaptive strategies for managing life-long primal needs. These include three categories:
- – Wise and effective Agency and Empowerment of the body and its sense of self
- – Mutually supportive Bonding and Connection with others
- – A sense of Certainty and Safety about what will be
- In this workshop, we will introduce (in plain English!) the Group’s ideas on these essential strategies. We’ll discuss how we all learn to work with these strategies beginning in earliest development, and how they continue to operate throughout life on “autopilot” beneath our conscious awareness. These strategies can become important and sometimes problematic aspects of our personalities.
- We will also consider how an understanding of Enneagram types as verb-like tendencies to arise in response to life can be helpful in loosening the noun-like grip they often seem to have on our experience of, and relationships with others, the world, and ourselves.
- The class will include didactic presentations and interactive experiences to bring these concepts to life.
- Both Teachers and Practitioners will leave with a deeper understanding of:
- • The nature of the very dynamic and primal motivational energies and biological processes that may lie beneath the nine patterns of personality
- • How that understanding can be helpful in learning to relax the grip those patterns can have on our perceptions and behaviors, allowing greater opportunity for receptive presence and imagining more adaptive or helpful ways of responding to life
- This course is for Certified Narrative Enneagram Teachers and Practitioners.
- Schedule & location
- Live online: Sat, Nov 11, 9 AM – 2:30 PM Pacific (check your local time)
- Teaching portions of the course will be recorded and shared with participants
- Standard registration: $175
- Professional Member registration: $150 (become a Professional Member)
- Technical requirements: You will need a computer with internet access; headphones are optional, but may be necessary.
- Final day to register: Nov 3, 2023
- Final day to cancel and receive a partial refund: Oct 27, 2023
All online events will take place on Zoom.
|Professional Member Registration||$150|
If you have any questions about this or other events, please contact email@example.com.
Click the link below to register via the MyTNE portal. By registering for any event, you agree to The Narrative Enneagram’s Cancellation Policy.
If you are requesting a payment plan, please fill out the Payment Plan Request Form instead, which will also gather your registration information.
If you experience any difficulties with your registration, please complete this form. We will be in touch soon to help you complete your registration.