Barriers to Spiritual Freedom: Instinctual Habits
Nov 5, 2022
Are you ready to free yourself from your personality’s automatic, reactive behaviors? The first step is to become aware of your habitual, often unconscious patterns.
Do you ever feel that no matter how hard you try you can’t quite feel safe and secure, or experience deep intimacy and connection or feel that you truly belong in this world?
In this workshop you will learn that all mammals have 3 instinctual energies that drive them to seek survival, intimacy in one-to-one bonding, and for social belonging. In humans these are expressed through our Enneagram type via what are known as Subtype behaviors which affect our relationship to oneself, to another individual and to social groups. We all have all 3 instinctual drives but, typically, during the socialization process one of these three drives becomes most important to the individual, resulting in a preference behaviorally for one of the 3 Subtypes: Self-preservation, One-to-one (Sexual) or Social.
Most of us try to satisfy all 3 instinctual drives through one set of subtype behaviors. But working backward, so to speak, through observation of the subtype behaviors we are able to identify the movement of the instinctual energies that gives rise to the behaviors in the first place.
What are the benefits of doing this?
- It puts us in touch with what is always accessible – the deep Knowing that we are safe and secure, loved and affirmed, powerful in a grounded way.
- It leads us into deeper Authenticity and Presence when we know that we don’t have to strategize to get something that we think is missing but rather open to receive the wholeness that is available to us.
- It increases one’s capacity for remaining present through the use of body focusing and the practice of welcoming experience.
- Through exercises, practices and dialogue, we will explore our Subtype BEHAVIOR (which we can easily observe) to discover, identify, name and honor the INSTINCTUAL ENERGY that is manifesting, and the STRATEGY that is managing that energy.
- The Relationship between our instinctual drives for survival, intimacy and belonging
- Our strategies for meeting the instinctual needs
- How the instinctual energies express themselves through the behavior of relationships with oneself, in social groups, and in one-on-one relationships.
- Recommended Preparation: Participants should have a basic understanding of the Enneagram model and know their core Enneagram Type. It is helpful, but not necessary, to be familiar with the Subtypes or to have recognized their own dominant Subtype.
Schedule & Location
Live Online Program
Nov 5, 2022
9 am-2:30 pm Pacific
Standard Registration: $150
Member Registration: $130
Save $20 by becoming a TNE Member
Save $50 when you register for the full 3-part series
Note: Email the Registrar to confirm.
Things to Know
Technical Requirements: You will need a computer with internet access to participate in this program. Headphones are optional, but may be necessary.
Final day to register: November 4, 2022
Final day to cancel and receive a partial refund: October 22, 2022
All online events will take place on Zoom.
If you have any questions about this or other events, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click the link below to register via the MyTNE portal. By registering for any event, you agree to The Narrative Enneagram’s Cancellation Policy.
If you are requesting a payment plan, please fill out the Payment Plan Request Form instead, which will also gather your registration information.
If you experience any difficulties with your registration, please complete this form. We will be in touch soon to help you complete your registration.