Celebrating Momentum & Investing in the Future of our Communities
After pivoting to online practically overnight in 2020 to meet the needs of our community during a pandemic, we entered 2021 hopeful for vaccines and a gradual return to “normal.” Continuing uncertainties have required TNE to stay nimble and adaptable as we near completion of two major capacity building initiatives which will allow TNE to expand our programs and engage new audiences.
In 2021, your support produced a continuing surge of interest in the Narrative Enneagram:
- We offered all of our programs online for the health and safety of our students and faculty, with class attendance up 17% this year and 35% since 2019, and more new teachers/practitioners certified than ever before.
- We embarked on an in-depth diversity, equity and inclusion initiative which is helping us become more welcoming and responsive to the needs of a more diverse community.
- We awarded over $50,000 in scholarships to more people, and more to persons of color than ever before.
- We are nearing completion of a new technology platform and website. This project will transform TNE’s capacity to meet the needs of our community and grow our global impact.
- We grew faculty capacity by welcoming two new associate faculty, Mónica Tinoco and Erlina Edwards.
- We continued to offer free monthly member gatherings, which have been a very popular calm harbor in the storm, which we plan to continue in 2022.
- Our Membership continues to grow having almost doubled since the beginning of 2020.
Other notable highlights this year included:
- In May, we announced Arizona Enneagram Association‘s gift of its core teaching curriculum to the Narrative Enneagram beginning in 2022. Last week, we celebrated the communities coming together with a joint Member Gathering. During our Dec. 14 Q&A Session, Joyce Plaza will also speak with Christopher T. Copeland and prospective students about the upcoming Spiritual Freedom Series. We continue to collaborate to ensure a thoughtful blending of communities and educational wisdom. Read more about the announcement here. >
- In July, we honored Helen Palmer legacy during the endnote speaking session at the IEA Global Conference. Helen’s words to the next generation of Enneagram students and practitioners closed out the entire three-day conference. Watch Peter O’Hanrahan interview Helen here. >
Having made excellent progress on our strategic initiatives this year, we invite you to ensure the momentum continues by investing in these key Initiatives for 2022 that will better serve our Learning Communities and Certified Teachers and Practitioners, and engage a much larger and diverse audience in our programs:
- Launch a critical upgrade of our website and technology platforms to create a much better student experience. We’ve raised 92% of the funds for this project and are just $18K short of our goal to launch by February 2022.
- Expand program offerings beyond certification tracks, including professional development post certification and numerous applications of the Enneagram in everyday life.
- Increase capacity to provide scholarships to an increasingly diverse community of students.
Can we count on your support this year? We’ve raised $152,000 so far this year, with just $24,000 more to reach our goal. You can make a tax-deductible donation here. Your investment will create a positive and lasting impact to further our shared goal of transforming lives and creating a more compassionate world.
Ed Self, Executive Director